I want to start a business!
Have you dreamed of owning and operating your own business but don’t know where to start? Do you have questions on how to turn your dream into a reality? The Lone Star College System Small Business Development Center can help answer key questions – the questions that every entrepreneur needs to ask before starting a new venture.
Some of the services we provide to help you get started include:
- Workshops & seminars for entrepreneurs on start-up, marketing, business plans, software applications, and more
- Business reference library for industry and market research
- Funding solutions
- Business loan packaging – eligibility, understanding the process and proposal preparation assistance
- Help buying an existing business or franchise
- Access to professional service providers such as attorneys and CPAs
- Free, confidential and individualized one-on-one consulting
Before You Start – assess your entrepreneurial readiness.
Owning, operating and growing a successful business is challenging. Before you get started you need to assess your motives, your strengths and your weaknesses. You also need to take a hard look at your personal, managerial, technical and financial qualifications. To see if you’re prepared, please take our Business Readiness Assessment.
The First Step – find out if you have what it takes.
Before you invest your time, effort and money, view the 45 minute streaming video (courtesy of the Univerity of Houston), Do You Have What It Takes to Start a Business? You will learn the Six Point Process for starting a business. You will learn the importance of proper planning and how to avoid common pitfalls. We also offer business start-up workshops covering topics that include marketing concepts, forecasting and business planning. View all of the upcoming Small Business Development Center workshops and seminars.
We also highly recommend that you read our Start-up and Resource Guide as it has a wealth of information on starting and running a business.
Step Two – Come in to meet with a consultant. Come in for a free consultation with one of our four consultants. E-mail us to request an appointment.